A Clafoutis is a classic French pudding that is traditional made with fresh cherries but can also use other stone fruit. The recipe is incredibly simple and easy to make. Gluten free and despite being called a pudding, light and very scoffable.
3 free-range eggs
5 free-range egg yolks
350 ml cream
150 g caster sugar
100 g almond meal
15 g rice flour
1 tbsp melted butter
15 fresh cherries, destalked, pitted & halved
1 tbsp kirsch (optional)
10 fresh cherries, to garnish
Bannister Downs Whipping Cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 c.
- Beat the eggs, yolks, cream and sugar together in a medium sized bowl before whisking in the almond meal and rice flour until well combined.
- Transfer to a jug, cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Brush the bottom of a 20 cm shallow, heavy-based baking dish with melted butter.
- Evenly place the halved cherries over the base and then pour over the clafoutis batter.
- Bake 30 minutes until the middle is set.
- Drizzle over the kirsch and leave to cool slightly before dusting with icing sugar.
- Serve garnished with whole cherries and whipping cream.