This recipe is a delicious hybrid of well-known hummus and guacamole that can be served many ways and lasts refrigerated for 3 days.
Makes 2 ½ cups
1 x 400g tin chickpeas
50 g baby spinach leaves
1 ripe avocado
1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp tahini
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp ground cumin
Snowpea Sprout tops
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Halve, peel and de-seed the avocado.
- Reserve a few chickpeas and a little avocado for garnish and then place remaining chickpeas and avocado in a food processor with the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. Adjust with a little extra water if needed for a creamy texture.
- Serve garnished with the remaining chickpeas, avocado, toasted sesame seeds, snow pea sprout tops and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Halved cherry tomatoes, basil & pine nuts
- Grilled corn kernels, fresh coriander & chilli flakes
- Crumbled feta, mint & diced cucumber
- Capers, fresh dill & finely chopped red onion
- Use slices of Genuinely Southern Forests apple to dip
- Top a halved boiled egg & lightly dust with smoked paprika
- Top a grilled field mushroom & garnish with fried breadcrumbs
- Serve to accompany grilled chicken or fish