Atlantic Salmon is Australia’s most popular farmed fish and is a healthy weekly staple for many people. This recipe offers a marinade more commonly thought of for chicken however is simply delicious with salmon.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp + 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
3 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbsp soft brown sugar
3 tbsp + 2 tsp soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, finely grated
1 tbsp + ½ tsp ginger, finely grated
4 x 180 – 200g Atlantic Salmon fillets
¼ cup honey
1 tsp black or toasted sesame seeds
1 tbsp fresh dill tips, to garnish
1 tbsp garlic or plain chives, finely chopped to garnish
lime wedges or cheeks, to serve
- Mix the olive oil, 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, soft brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and 1 tbsp ginger together in a large bowl.
- Place the single or 4 individual pieces of salmon fillet in the marinade, skin side up. Cover with plastic wrap pressed directly onto the surface of the fish and leave for 30 minutes minimum to marinate.
- Preheat the grilling element in the top of your oven to high.
- Line a baking tray with alfoil and then place a wire rack on top. Spray with non-stick or brush with oil before placing the salmon on top, skin side down.
- Brush the top with a little more marinade before cooking under the grill for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Mix the honey, 2 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp soy and ½ tsp ginger together and then spoon over the salmon before seasoning with salt flakes, garnishing with the black sesame, dill and chives and serving with lime cheeks.