This very simple recipe is a flavour explosion. Sweet roasted capsicum with warm creamy goats cheese, smoky pungent paprika and crunchy garlicky crumbs. Serve as part of a larger meal made up of a few smaller dishes or with a garden salad as a simple mid-week, meat-free dinner.
4 sml red capsicum
extra virgin olive oil
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
1 lemon, the zest finely grated
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh herbs, finely chopped
400 g ashed or plain goats cheese, crumbled
Italian parsley or lovage, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200 c.
- Evenly place the breadcrumbs on a baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes; tossing them every 10 minutes until evenly golden brown and toasted. Leave to cool.
- Cut the red capsicums in halves and remove the seeds and inner membrane but leave the green tops on. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, season and bake for 20 minutes until roasted and softened. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before filling each half with 50 g of goats cheese.
- Liberally sprinkle with smoked paprika and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Toss the toasted breadcrumbs with the lemon zest, garlic, seasoning and herbs.
- Serve the warm filled capsicums with the breadcrumb mixture and garnished with Italian parsley.